Writing a Mod
Here you have a list of all Prince of Persia related projects:
- FP – FreePrince – Prince of Persia Engine. This project is in the pre-alpha stage. We want to make a portable and open source version of the game that runs under several platforms and operating systems such as GNU/Linux, Windows, BSD, Solaris, IRIX and Mac.
- PR – Princed Resources – DAT editor/extractor. This program can extract/export/uncompress any Prince of Persia DAT files, digital sounds are extracted as wav, instrumental music as midi, graphics as bmp and levels as plv. After editing those resources they can be imported back to the DAT files and the game can be played with the edited resources. Binaries are available for Win32, GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris and Mac OS X.
- RS – Roomshaker – Level Editor. This is a fully-working Prince of Persia 1 level editor that supports both levels.dat and plv formats. There are really good tutorials about the usage of this program and may edit levels directly using the format. Expert level designers use this software. I really recommend this program, you must take a look at it.
- RS2 – Roomshaker II – Level Editor. This is a fully-working Prince of Persia 2 level editor that supports both levels.dat and plv 2 formats. There are really good tutorials about the usage of this program and may edit levels directly using the format. Expert level designers use this software. I really recommend this program, you must take a look at it.
- PV3 – Princed V3 – Level Editor. This program is still in alpha mode. Its functions are very limited but it has a friendly, WYSIWYG GUI to allow for fast editing. It also has an abstracted layer to use the rooms/screens and elements that help beginners a lot.
- POP1TP – PoP1-Total Pack – GUI launcher and tools with all mods packaged. This tool is a must for the POP1 fan. Between their features it is included tournaments, random level generation, mirroring levels, converting levels from PC to Mac and launching the game using Mac and DOS emulators. The suit is only available for Windows users.
- POP2A – Prince of Persia 2 The Arena – Game. This combat game is based on both Mechner’s creations Karateka and Prince of Persia 2. You can fight like in Karateka with the Prince of Persia 2 characters.
- Mods – Prince of Persia mods – Mods of the Game. For a full list of new game modifications, please go to the Prince of Persia 1 page from the Prince of Persia Unofficial Website.
- CusPOP – Prince of Persia 1 Custom executable generator – Prince.exe generator. Allows the customization of hard-coded stuff, like for example the remaining time, the palette, dungeon and palace environment for each level, guard types and base hitpoints; the mirror, shadow, loose tile, etc positions and much more all in one web page to make it very easy.
- POPT – Prince of Persia Tools – Game recorder; Saved games/hall of fame editors; etc. For the moment available tools are:
- POPRecog – Prince Of Persia Screenshots Recognizer: This program can recognize bitmaps on screenhots. It can “tell” you what is the frame order in animation, what is the pixel position of bitmap, what is the layer number and if this bitmap is “mirrored” or not. It’s mainly for developers, but everybody can use it.
- POP Recorder: This program capture and record the animation generated by all the frames when you play Prince of Persia and save them to disk.
- PrinHof: Prince of Persia 1 Hall of Fame editor. It has a console interface to edit prince.hof.
- PrinSav: Prince of Persia 1 Savegame editor. It has a console interface to edit prince.sav file to allow you to go to whatever level you want with the lives you want.
- RunPOP: A tool for editing Prince of Persia 1 prince.exe and make it start in whatever level.